- I will admit that warming has been much slower than we expected
- I will admit that recent sea level rise is nothing unusual or threatening
- I will admit that our forecasts of declining snow cover were wrong
- I will admit that Arctic temperatures are cyclical, and that we have no idea what will happen to Arctic ice over the next 50 years
- I will admit that our forecasts of Antarctic warming have been a total failure.
- I will admit that Polar Bear populations are not threatened
- I will admit that climate models have demonstrated no skill, and are nothing more than research projects
- I will admit there was a Medieval Warm Period
- I will admit that that there was a Little Ice Age
- I will stop pretending that we don’t have climate records prior to 1970
- I will admit that the surface temperature record has been manipulated and is contaminated by UHI
- I will stop making up data where none exists
- I will honestly face skeptics in open debate.
- I will quit trying to stop skeptics from being published
- I will admit that glaciers have been disappearing for hundreds or thousands of years
- I will stop telling people that the climate is getting more extreme, without producing any evidence
- I will admit that hurricanes are on the decline
- I will admit that severe tornadoes are on the decline
- I will admit that droughts were much worse in the past
- I will admit that efforts to shut down power plants have potentially very serious consequences for the future
- I will pay for my own tickets to tropical climate boondoggles like Cancun, rather than improperly using taxpayer money for political activism
- I will admit that there is no missing heat
- I will admit that temperatures have been cooling for at least the last decade
- I will publish the raw data and not lose it.
"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." Richard P. Feynman
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Really Tough New Year's Resolutions for Climate Scientists!
H/T Real Science